Our nation is still on the brink. But God is in control! The below video was done as a Live shortly before the election, and is still relevant right now.
Here are some of my notes for the above video.
- It is a proven fact that people who lack identity are more likely to be depressed, suicidal, and impoverished. Those who have their identity in Christ are more likely to have a positive outlook and to contribute positively to society.
- Religious Americans are less likely to commit crime, attempt suicide, divorce, more likel to forgive, 2/3 donate to charity whereas less than half of non-relig donate/// 1.2 trillion to US economy, more than the value of all but 14 of the world’s economies.
- “If you believe there is a God who loves you and has a plan for your life and eternity, you will live very differently than if you believe you are an accident of evolution, with no hope of life after death….what your government believes about God will determine whether you can live in freedom.” (from new book They’re lying to you by Jim Demint)
Everyone has a god – if not a spiritual deity, then your god may be yourself, or wealth, or a spouse or friend. Your god may be your job, or your hobby. One of the most dangerous gods to have is Big Brother who has convinced you that it is your savior. Atheism therefore does not exist.
There’s only one way to be truly free; to be submitted to the truths of an all powerful, all merciful and all loving God who made all things good.
No matter what your background, finding your identity in who God made you gives you a foundation for thriving.
VICTIM VS VICTOR
- Proverbs 17:22 “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.”
- According to the Census Bureau, Indian Americans, Pakistani Americans, Filipino Americans, Taiwanese Americans, Lebanese Americans, Sri Lankan Americans, Americans, Chinese Americans, and Iranian Americans all have higher median household incomes than non–Hispanic whites.
- Thirty years after a generation of exiles left Cuba upon Fidel Castro’s Communist takeover, second–generation Cuban Americans had yearly salaries exceeding $50,000 at twice the rate of whites. Today, Cuban American businesses generate more revenue than the entire island of Cuba.
- Proverbs 16:24 “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”
- 7. Proverbs 18:21 “The power of the tongue is life and death—those who love to talk[a] will eat what it produces.”
- Two–parent black families have a poverty rate of 7%, compared to a 22% poverty rate among white single–parent households.
- Strong two parent family contributes to >> strong identity >> positive worldview >> low poverty, low drugs low crime.
- “Cheerfulness sharpens the edge and removes the rust from the mind. A joyous heart supplies oil to our inward machinery, and makes the whole of our powers work with ease and efficiency; hence it is of the utmost importance that we maintain a contented, cheerful, genial disposition.” – James H. Aughey
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.
- The percentage of businesses majority–owned by women grew from 4.6% in 1972 to 42% in 2019. Women are also more likely to start a business than men.85
Philippians 4:8 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
THE PROBLEM OF INJUSTICE
- Bad things happen to good people because we live in a world where people make wrong choices. What matters isn’t what was done to you but what you do with it. We have all experienced it.
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
- 2 Cor 4:8 “We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”
- Romans 12:21 – “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
GOVERNED BY A HIGHER AUTHORITY
- First amendment – not freedom FROM religion, but freedom OF religion (not intended to keep religion out of govt, but “will make no law regarding religion” ie govt will not interfere with religion)
- John Adams – letter to the officers of the Massachusetts First Brigade in October of 1798: “We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion…Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
- John Adams 2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence “Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God … What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be.” —Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.
- Thomas Jefferson 3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence “God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever…” —Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.
Vs today, “…every man did that which was right in his own eyes” (Judges 21:25).
- The law must be “written in our hearts”
- freedom and self-rule, rule by the people instead of by “big govt” – requires that the people themselves are governed, willingly, by a higher authority – by a love for truth. Today many people say there is no truth. That is the beginning of the decay of freedom… “The truth will set you free” Jn 14:6
SHHHHH! THIS IS WHAT THEY DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW…
Why are they trying to remove “in God we trust?” Why are they taking God out of our national history? Why are they trying to make Americans ashamed of our roots, saying this nation wasn’t founded on Biblical values and a love for freedom, but instead on slavery? Why are they removing “under God” from our Pledge of Allegiance?
Is it merely secularization, the desire to not offend the “non-religious?”
NO! . . . see below…
Other points mentioned in the video included Values, Love and Charity, and Life.
Be a healer. Refuse fear. Walk in faith. Reject bitterness. Stand for truth and work toward it with positive actions. Look forward, not backward. Accept the past, maximize the present and build the future. Don’t waste time trying to rewrite history. People aren’t your enemy. Ideologies, deception, all orchestrated by spiritual powers, are the real enemy. Walk in love, spread hope, and be a light in the darkness.
Check out WIN’s social media, there are exciting reports coming out from the international fields – A creative mountain Gospel/cultural entertainment park in Peru, a huge trafficking bust in India and more!